New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a new credit card processor
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A question for those in the gun business: Who do you use as a credit card processor?

I usually try to dissuade my customers from using a credit card as I prefer not to pay the fee and don't mind waiting for the check. However occasionally they need to use a cc for one reason or another. For this I've always used the service through my Quickbooks. This has been fine up until now. I just received a call and an email from them letting me know that since I'm in the firearms business they are only allowing in person cc use, as in the customer needs to swipe their card. This is in order to stop online gun sales or some BS. This of course isn't going to work for me since only about 5% of my customers actually walk into the shop.

So is there a more gun friendly company that offers cc processing?

Posts: 593 | Location: Weathersfield, VT | Registered: 22 January 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I remember when Quicken cut off one of the AR companies in Calif.

We use Square for our club. check your PM.

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not in the gun business, but I have been using Square for seven + years. They have the best merchant rates and their inventory monitoring system is the best in the business. Lots of pluses with Square.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used E Processing Network as my gateway and Clearent as the actual processor for many years, they are recommended by the NRA and gun friendly. No issues.

Prior to that I used authorize.net and some outfit out of Portland OR as the processor. authorize.net started dropping people in the gun business, and that outfit in Portland was hopeless ... put my money in other people's bank accounts. Don't remember the name but Eric was the guy. They had a particularly nasty woman working there who should have been a prison warden.

If Biden gets in, I expect it will be hard to get a bank account, never mind a credit card processor. They hate guns, and they have a particular hatred for online gun sales.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi MNR,

We just changed to a company called Wholesale Payments Inc. Sound good, we will see.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
I remember when Quicken cut off one of the AR companies in Calif.

We use Square for our club. check your PM.
I had heard that Square didn't like firearm business. Have I been mis-informed? With Brownells EDGE Membership I think there's a gun friendly processor and there are CC services affiliated with the NSSF.

Posts: 714 | Location: fly over America, also known as Oklahoma | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the suggestions. I'll be looking into them.

Posts: 593 | Location: Weathersfield, VT | Registered: 22 January 2017Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I recently started using https://emsfirearmsystems.com/. I’m pretty new to taking cards, but I haven’t had any issues yet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
T hey are all in business to make money.,.Fees can really add up... You CAN use Pay Pal for foreign purchases if you absolutely have to..PAY PAL is not gun friendly

Posts: 3609 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
My company uses square and charges a 3% connivence fee for card payments. Works well with quick books too.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1220 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used Authorize.net as my gateway for 12 years and have been happy with their service. The actual processor is some outfit in Omaha but I never have contact with them.

Posts: 1253 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote