Find
Notify
Tools

Needed - 1903 Mannlicher stock
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted
since I am home on a couple weeks R&R I went into the local pawn shop and found a rifle I could not pass up. It is a really nice 1903 Greek Mannlicher Schoenauer in 6.5x54 MS.n I am going to have a new bolt handle and sights installed. The metal is in excellent condition. I would tell you how much I paid for it but most of you would call me a thief for taking advantage of the shop. Thus the reason for me not being abloe to pass it up. But the stock is a military stock that has been hacked. I am hoping I can find someone who has a take off from a commercial 1903 Mannlicher they are willing to part with for it. I would even be happy if it is fairly beat up and I could use it for a pattern eventually. Please let me know if any of you have one available.

Thanks!!!

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is one on ebay might be worth a look

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
If you get a new stock, would you please sell me the old one? I have a military (Greek) M/S with NO stock. I really need something I can put it in, so I can shoot it at least a little bit.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Tankhunter,
I saw the one on Ebay and I am going to try and pick that one up. It has multiple repairs but I should be able to use it for a pattern stock.

AC,
The stock I have is a cut down military but you are welcome to it. I am dropping the barreled action off to have the new bolt handle and NECG sights installed tomorrow. Send me an email with your address and I will ship it off to you.

If all else fails I may end up ordering one from GAG or RMF and alter it into a pattern stock.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote