THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    target quality barrel contours for hunting rifles

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

target quality barrel contours for hunting rifles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Help!
U am trying to find a way to ientify what barrel I need to order to replace a barrel for my Ruger#1 in 300WM. Is there some type of cross reference that shows major gun maker specs so that I can determine what to order? Or maybe I should just call a barrel manufactureer and place the order over the phone with info on the type of rifle I am looking to replace the barrel on?
thanks for any help you can provide!

Posts: 155 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 13 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Measure your barrel and go to a barrel manufacturer's website and pick the contour that matches yours.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Douglas contour #3 is a med sporter and will work nicely for a 300WM. It may or may not fit your stock inletting. Call ITD and ask his advice and order the Douglas from him is my recommendation 330-868-6867

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1618 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote