Find
Notify
Tools

B&C Medalist Stock
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted
What is your opinion on this stock and have you used or installed one.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
I haven't used the Medalist but I had the Carbelite model installed on my new custom and couldn't be happier. It's the one with the molded in checkering, mine's tan with black spiderweb finish, although it's really more of a slightly greenish khaki color.

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one on a Howa 1500. It has made a WORLD of difference in the rifle's accuracy. Before, when it wore the Butler Creek plastic that Howa uses for its Lightning models, the best it would group would be about 1 1/4 MOA. I free floated the Butler Creek, and accuracy improved somewhat, but the gap at the forend tip was huge. I called Bell & Carlson and asked about their stock. They said the Weatherby Vanguard stock would fit the 1500 (I knew that), and added that their experience indicated that my rifle would really like the pressure exerted by the forend of their Medalist stock. They advised not to grind the pressure pad away.

They were right 100%. With Remington .30-06 Express 150 grain Core Lokt ammo, and now that the barrel is broken in, the rifle routinely groups in the .5s for 3 shots and in the .8s for five. Nice.

Your mileage may vary, but that's my experience.

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote