New
Find
Notify
Tools

1903A3 scope mounts
 Login/Join

<rogerq>
posted
I would like to use a one piece weaver style rail to mount my NightForce NXS 5.5X22 56mm on a 1903A3.
Please reccomend a current manufacturer of such a base. Seems most are made for rem etc. Current base is Leupold one piece dovetail with windage.
I want something that will not move. Am open to suggestions for other solutions.

TIA

Roger Q.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you need the steel base from Weaver or better yet, get a custom mount made.

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Roger,
this won't be a bolt one, i think.

You can order the tall long blank, and you or your smith can same the base to fit. It's not much of a job, just tedious.

Jeffe

Posts: 39670 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
<rogerq>
posted
Thanks for the replies!

Just looked in Sinclairs catalog and like the combo of Davidson one piece base blank and Kelby Rings! Any comments on the quality and reliability of this combination?

Roger Q.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Redfield made bases for that gun and they are not that hard to find...Try the gunlist...At one time Redfield made bases under army contract and 7/8" inch rings for the Lymany Alaskan Scope...One of the original sniper rifles of WW2...I have several sets of these old rings, but can't find the bases, don't know where they are!

Posts: 42163 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote