New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt Government 380
 Login/Join

posted
So,

I have an interesting little problem. This gun was brought to me in pieces... in a zip lock bag. Great. Anyway, I got it all together and surprisingly, all the parts were there. I have a functioning firearm EXCEPT- the disconnector just falls out of the gun. I asked the owner about it, and he told me that at one point he had the trigger replaced because the trigger bar broke at one time. So, everything is functioning and the gun passes a function check... EXCEPT this dang little part keeps dropping out of the magazine well. Any ideas?

Andy Drake
Owner/Gunsmith
Class 07 FFL
TNT Firearms
College Station, TX
979-204-7681 business
979-695-0492 fax

Posts: 6 | Location: College Station, Texas | Registered: 02 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
http://stevespages.com/pdf/col...380_auto_pistols.pdf

sounds like the disconnector sits on top of the trigger bar. Is there a slot in the bottom of the disconn?

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
http://stevespages.com/pdf/col...380_auto_pistols.pdf

sounds like the disconnector sits on top of the trigger bar. Is there a slot in the bottom of the disconn?

Nope. No slot. I know how it is supposed to ride on top of the trigger bar but it isn't... I've tried "tweaking" the trigger bar but it isn't working either...

Andy Drake
Owner/Gunsmith
Class 07 FFL
TNT Firearms
College Station, TX
979-204-7681 business
979-695-0492 fax

Posts: 6 | Location: College Station, Texas | Registered: 02 April 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Check alignment of the trigger bar. It should sit right under the disconnector and hold the disconnector in its slot. The trigger bar should be under spring load from its spring which is in the trigger. I'm guessing the trigger bar was bent during disassembly or assembly...easy to do if you're not patient. Or the trigger bar spring is broken.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toomany Tools:
Check alignment of the trigger bar. It should sit right under the disconnector and hold the disconnector in its slot. The trigger bar should be under spring load from its spring which is in the trigger. I'm guessing the trigger bar was bent during disassembly or assembly...easy to do if you're not patient. Or the trigger bar spring is broken.

I'm willing to bet the trigger bar spring in the trigger is broken... I never took it out of the gun because it was already in it when I received the parts bag. I will look at it- thank you for the insight, I overlooked a simple fix...

Andy Drake
Owner/Gunsmith
Class 07 FFL
TNT Firearms
College Station, TX
979-204-7681 business
979-695-0492 fax

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I see these guns regularly, and have had two in as many months come in in bags like the one you have.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote