New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions answered; Thank you!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'd like to rebarrel my 98. Are the Adams & Bennet barrels from Midway any good? By that I mean can I expect decent accuracy? I'm not going to shoot thousands of rounds, just hunt with it but I don't want one that groups the size of a pie plate. I know there are alot of things that affect accuracy, but I'm only looking for feedback on the barrel at this time. Thanks for your comments/opinions.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 302 | Location: South Central PA | Registered: 22 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Not familiar with the barrel maker you mention, but there are a lot of things I am not familiar with!! Anyway, just remember that of all the things that make a rifle perform well, few are more important than the barrel. That is the last thing that touches the bullet on it's way to the target. Just a thought and I would opt for a good Douglas, Shilen, Hart, etc. There are many others, but these come to mind quickly and offer good value for the dollar.
dsiteman

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
do a "find" on the subject as there was a thread not too long ago on this subject. if i remember correclty some did ok w/them some hated them. i would spend $100 more and get a shilen if it was my choice.

it's a fresh wind that ... Blows Against the Empire

Posts: 225 | Location: houston, tx | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ned, thanks. I thought I remembered some topics on the barrels but couldn't figure out how to find them. I tried your suggestion and read the input. I believe I'll go with a Douglas or Shilen from Brownell's. Thanks to all. No more input is needed for this topic.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 302 | Location: South Central PA | Registered: 22 April 2004Reply With Quote