Find
Notify
Tools

Richards Microfit stocks?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted
In another thread, a poster was warned that what you get from Richards Microfit does not look much like the pictures on the site. I had in my mind to order an "old classic" and wonder if anyone of you have a picture of what such a stock actually look like on delivery. It should be great to get a realistic idea of what I am up for...

Edited: If you find it problematic to post a picture here, please mail it to me on martin@psychology.se and I will post it here for the benefit of others!

Regards,

Martin

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Martin
I don't have a picture of exactly what your looking for but here is a tactical style in electric blue. You can go to their site and compare it to the picture there.
Not the best picture but its the best I have at the moment.
Chris

Posts: 44 | Location: Southern Wisconsin | Registered: 14 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I have used the Richards stocks on several occasions and have found them to be just as good as any of the other semi-custom stocks out there. I have used their "Old Classic" on 3 seperate rifles and really like them. I did have one that the barrel channel was extremely shallow and I had a good bit of work getting that right but other than that I have no complaints. On all 3 of them the color, figure, and grain of the wood was very nice and as good if not better than the descriptions in their ads.

Unfortunately I cant find the wifes digital camera to post ocs (we just moved and havent managed to unpack it yet)

You would be very happy I think with the stock. I like the Old Classic pattern very much. It looks very nice, especially with 90 degree ebony tip and cap.

I found them to be far better in inletting and exterior finish than the 2 Great American stocks I have used.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Whether or not you like there style...they were a disaster to deal with...order a ruger they sent a weatherby...another 12 weeks. Thenit cam without the ebony fore tip.

There version of drop in...is anything but drop in.

I woluld never never never ever order a thing from them again.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't have any pictures of a Old English blank but I have pics of 2 rifles that I made from them and a blank that I bought from Richards Microfit. Hope it might help a little.....

This stock had to have the ebony forend tip added, the cheekpiece flutes cut and reshaped and the releif cuts made....

This stock had a Weatherby style triangular forend and a rosewood tip. I had to completely reshape the forend and replace the forend tip. I also cut the cheekpeice flutes and trigger releif cuts etc. It required a reasonable bit of inletting to get a good fit.

After dealing with overcuts, miss shaped stocks etc. I decided to try and make a stock from a block next. For what I paid I'm quite happy with this stick. For the money I think that all 3 were excellent wood, they just needed a lot more work than say a Boyd's JRS stock or the like.
Now if I can just find my Pre-War M-70 Action that I had somewhere laying around the house...............DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote