Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lazzeroni cartridges question
 Login/Join

posted
I have read several posts concerning this subject, but I am still a little confused as to what the proper action is to build on. I've looked at the MCRT action, but it is expensive and I'm not even sure that it can be bought seperately. Would the short magnum actions by Remington or Winchester be ample strong enough for the short Patriot or Tomahawk rounds?

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Yes! Savage is building rifles in Lazzeroni calibers and I don't think they make a special action for them. Quote from an American Rifleman magazine, "for one thing, his cartridges had to fit in a magnum-length Remington Model 700 magazine because that was the action he was using to build his wildcats. Lazzeroni's cartridges also had to headspace on the shoulder and have no belt. The 8.59 Titan-Lazzeroni's .338-cal. full-size beltless magnum and his first cartridge-was literally sketched out on a kitchen napkin. The 8.59 designation is the actual diameter of a .338-cal. bullet in millimeters rather than the more common expression of the rifle's bore diameter."

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
AuburnTiger

You can buy an action from Rock McMillan at McBros rifles. MCRT is a very nice action thumb

Look for a used Lazzeroni, they show up now and then Smiler

Cheers
/JOHAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am in the process of building a XP-100 in 7.82
Lazzeroni Patriot . 15" barrel 180 gr bullet
3150 fps. Why a special action, pick one M70 or Ruger , Remington .

Posts: 1461 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My Patriot is built on a Savage. It features a drop-box magazine and though I have not fired it I am told they are exceptionally accurate.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote