New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sneaker? H&R model 330 FN mauser
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone have a Harrington and Richard 330 FN mauser action rifle. Is it like a JC higgins Belgium action marked the same? Same stampings on the reciever?

Any history on cool H&R guns with nice actions like this or other H&R stuff.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about 330s, but I had a slew of 320s and they were Zastava actions. Nothing wrong with them; they all shot extremely well.

I and a friend of mine bought a bunch of barreled actions - they had a nasty habit of splitting their factory stocks, and we bought the remnants. After we restocked them (some in wood and some in MPI synthetics) we decided to sight them in. Damndest thing - we'd take the scope off one and stick it on the next one, and they all shot to exactly the same point of aim without touching the scope adjustments.

Posts: 5891 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the 330 had mkx actions. some of the 300,301 had fn actions, some sako & the lasr ones mkx.
I have 2 300's with fn actions & 1 in a sako action. my hunting partner has 1 300 with a fn action & 1 301 in a mkx.God they are ugly but hold really well. they are all sub 1" rifles. the 300/301 have douglas barrels the 330 has a zastava bbl.

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am wrong i looked the 330 up in an old shooters bible & the 330 is a low cost $139.00 version of the 300 $239. It has a fn supreme action. Just a word of warning the trigger & bottom metal on both the 300,301 & 330 is junk.The 330 may or may not have a douglas barrel.

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote