Find
Notify
Tools

NAVY MARK 13 MOD 5
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Anyone build a tribute/clone of a Navy Mark 13?

Where did you get the MARS?

What twist did you use?

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeE
posted Hide Post
You could also build a Mk 6, and use an AX chassis, negating the need for the MARS.

1 in 10 for the twist.

Master of Boats,
Slayer of Beasts,
Charmer of the fair sex, ......
and sometimes changer of the diaper.....

Posts: 348 | Location: HackHousBerg, TX & LA | Registered: 12 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MLC
posted Hide Post
I'm almost positive that the majority of barrels are 1/10 Lilja's.
They've got a funky contour that is further funkified if using the KAC suppressor.
I have a surplus/ovverun contracted Lilja on my 308 and I'm quite happy with it.

edited to add an illustration of what I referred to as a funkified contour.

Posts: 233 | Location: Solebury, PA | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I already have the AICS 1.5. So it won't be 100% accurate as a clone.

But after 20 years of Naval service, including 3 years in Special Projects, I think I deserve a little poetic license.

Thanks for the information.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MLC
posted Hide Post
If you haven't already, talk to these folks about your build.
They won't steer you wrong.

High Caliber Sales

Posts: 233 | Location: Solebury, PA | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeE:
You could also build a Mk 6, and use an AX chassis, negating the need for the MARS.

1 in 10 for the twist.

I had a GM that I worked with in VQ that was an armoror at BUDS. He said the school house did a test on 1 in 9s and preferred that, as does Todd Hodnett. The Marines have a similar test and evaluation set of results.

May not be accurate, but reaching back to my Special Projects roots on that one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was in the Navy for 22 years. I never saw any guns like that!!!!!!!!!!

US Navy RETIRED
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 526 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 17 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only the SEALs had that rifle. I remember the mod 1 from my first cruise. I think it had an HS precision stock. But I don't have a photo of it. They were also 300 Wins.

We had some California based platoon on board the carrier. It's been a long time, I don't remember much about that cruise other than 3 beer days, and I lost 4 friends to a EA6B crash.

One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Only the SEALs had that rifle. I remember the mod 1 from my first cruise. I think it had an HS precision stock. But I don't have a photo of it. They were also 300 Wins.

We had some California based platoon on board the carrier. It's been a long time, I don't remember much about that cruise other than 3 beer days, and I lost 4 friends to a EA6B crash.

Ridgecrest? Is that steakhouse in town still there? Did a Det. to China Lake a long time ago and still remember the enormous steaks we had in Ridgecrest.

Dave

Posts: 924 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A7, as in ugly but well hung.

I am thinking this would have been at least 25 years ago. I have never even seen a A7 on the wing and I retired in 2013.

Lots of static A7s around here, I think we had some in Lemoore, but tha was 20 years ago.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 714 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Registered: 09 October 2003Reply With Quote