New
Find
Notify
Tools

choate super sniper stock
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does any one know if you fit a box mag into one of these stocks the donor rifle will be a 112bvss.

many thanks
Griff

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you mean a removable mag? The only one of these I worked on was a Rem 700 stock, and it just had the metal internal magbox. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
www.snipershide.com is a good place to ask

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan,
sorry! I mean't detachable mag.

griff

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, well I don't know if they build one specifically for the Rem DM, but a stock set up for a BDL bottom should be able to take the HS Precision detachable mag (which really is the best of the lot, anyway, and available in 4 and 10 shot versions). - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan,

How did the Remington you set up in one of these Choate stocks shoot?

I am looking at putting a 300 Weatherby Mag in one.
No hunting applications; just long range target shooting.

Thanks,
Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just a quick heads-up, the Choate sniper stock has a blind magazine well. There is no provision for either a floorplate or detachablr mag.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
N.G.

They shoot great in the Choates.

Griff,

Heres a pic of an HS stocked SA 700 300 wsm modified to accept AR30 clips. The clips are $60 and are shortened .5" for the SA's.

This one here's a little hard to see, but it's a Choate UV with a LA 700 modified to accept full length AR30 clips. 338 wsm shooting 300gr SMK's. This fall and winter we'd be able to do one, and may offer them pre-modified in the future.

Heres one of the shortened clips with the 300 wsm next to a full length loaded with 300 wm's.

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the answer is yes, ish.

Choate makes 2 similar styles -- Sniper & Varmint. I think the Varmint style is what is sold with the Savage 10 FP-LE1 package. The stock has a blind magazine, so the underside of the stock is smooth. Choate lists both long (110) and short (10) actions on their site.

http://choatemachinetool.com/catalog_page.cfm?queries_index=index6&title_bar=Secure%20Shopping%20Search%20Results&NewProduct=0

one of us
posted Hide Post
Check the choate web site. They state in the FAQ area that they are all blind box. That's not to say you can't fix it up the way you want it. All ya gotta to is spend the cashe!!!!

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
It does lighten it, not sure by what amount though. It's my Dad's rig. I'm not sure where the balance point is on it, I've only shot it from the rest. I'll check it out and let you know more.

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I don't mean to hijack, but I have a question for Brent Moffitt. What is the purpose for all the holes you drilled in the Ultimate Varmint? Are they just to lighten it up or does it give it better balance? I have one under my .308 and it fells front heavy. as a result of all the weight up front muzzle jump is quite sever, making follow up shoots time consuming. I thought of adding weight to the rear but this would make the rifle even heavier. So my question is were you able to take enough material out of the fore stock to balance the rig without having to add weight to the rear?