New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mauser Hinged Trigger Guards?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
These are at www.e-gunparts.com $69. Are they decent, anybody bought one? Why all the different part numbers?

http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=881550A&chrSuperSKU=881550&MC=&MC=YJ

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My gunsmith bought several of them just to see what they were like and to possibly use on rifles where customers didn't want to keep the original Mauser floorplate. The ones he received are very rough in both fit and finish. We both agreed that for the time he would have to spend grinding and polishing to make one look "good" that you could afford to spend the extra money for a higher quality assembly. I have no idea why all the part numbers. If you are building a custom rifle, I feel that the money spent for one made by Ted Blackburn is money well spent.

Posts: 262 | Location: PA & VA, USA | Registered: 26 June 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I have to disagree that it's worth the time to buy a 400$$ part for a 250$ rifle..

i've got one, and for 69 bucks and an hour of fitting/polishing, it's more than servicable, and it IS in the bow for release. it's NOT a blackburn.... andit's not 400 bucks

it's a reasonable value, and better than what you should expect for 70 bucks... and you ARENT expecting blackburn for 70 bucks

jeffe

Posts: 39594 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jeffe.........does this part include the magazine box.......?......If so , is the box longer than the issue M-98........?

Posts: 1660 | Location: Gary , SD | Registered: 05 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
it's just basiscally a cheap, in the bow, release version of a mil... it's NOT any longer, and that will require some work, and not any talller...

about the same amount of work, though, you culd get it to fit on springfield

jeffe

Posts: 39594 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote