Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Temporary fix to a muzzle brake- tape
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted
Use a product called JB Weld and fill in the holes. Just degrease real good, and mix up the JB Weld. I've fixed engine blocks and motorcycle crank cases with this stuff!! you could put a dowel rod in the bore of the brake to make sure the JBW wont ooze in to the bore. Just spray some WD 40 on the rod. Should work.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Dago,
Is it a screw on brake, or did someone drill holes into the barrel? I bought a rifle for my unit a few months back. It had a muzzle brake. My gunsmith made a thread cap. It cost me $30.00. Now, when someone visits, and wants to shoot, I can give them plugs + muffs, and let them shoot with low recoil. For hunting I just put the thread protector on and check the zero.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
A hacksaw in a miter box followed by a good home brewed recrown would definatley "fix" the problem and would take no more time than dilly dallying around with JB weld. It would be safer too.

Posts: 10164 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote