New
Find
Notify
Tools

BDL to ADL?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I got a great deal on a Remington 700 barreled action, but the stock and floorplate/trigger guard leave a lot to be desired. It is a heavy barrel BDL short action that has a beat up press-checkered stock, and the original steel floorplate and trigger guard was swapped for a matte black aluminum piece of trash -- feels like plastic.

My plan is to purchase a more deserving platform for the barreled action, and my question is regarding converting the BDL to ADL. From my reading to this point, an ADL configuration makes for a stiffer platform to bed the action. Is this simply a matter of getting an ADL magazine box and ADL trigger guard, or is it completely different due to where the screws are placed in regard to the action? Is there anything else I am not thinking of? I know that there are various steel floorplate/trigger guard combos for the 700 SA BDL, and that is what I will do if I can't do what I want to...just that $200 or more for a piece of steel seems a little pricey.

Posts: 120 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yup. just add the tiny screw that holds in the mag box and the forward guard screw and you are set.
woofer

Posts: 741 | Location: vermont. thanks for coming, now go home! | Registered: 05 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brownell's sells a blued steel "ADL" triggerguard and also, I think, an escutcheon for the forward action screw. The BDL mag box, spring, and follower should work "as is" in a factory ADL stock.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure you'll find an ADL stock that will accommodate the heavy barrel.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input, guys...

So what is different about the ADL/BDL magazine box if the BDL can be used?

vapodog...

Boyd's offers two varmint stock configs that list the 700 ADL, so this is what I was going on...

Posts: 120 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote