New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger #1 Trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Moyers makes a replacement trigger for the Ruger #1.
What is the adjustment range? I am looking for a 24-26 oz pull weight. Fred M

Posts: 465 | Location: Canada | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can't speak for the Kepplinger, but the Moyer's isn't going to get you there. The Moyer's is a good trigger, but it wont go down that far.

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kingfisher.
How far down does it go? I am not to keen on a double set trigger. I also like to install a Moulds Speed lock hammer
which comes with a stronger spring. I suppose this will stiffen the trigger pull ever more. Perhaps the trigger can be honed and lightened to 24 oz once the heavier spring is installed. The Moyers trigger is like the older Ruger trigger and can be worked on for a lighter pull I understand. Thanks to every body for the replies.Fred M

Posts: 465 | Location: Canada | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

Kingfisher.
How far down does it go? I am not to keen on a double set trigger. I also like to install a Moulds Speed lock hammer which comes with a stronger spring. I suppose this will stiffen the trigger pull ever more. Perhaps the trigger can be honed and lightened to 24 oz once the heavier spring is installed. The Moyers trigger is like the older Ruger trigger and can be worked on for a lighter pull I understand. Thanks to every body for the replies.Fred M

There are NO DST'S for the Ruger No.1, and never will be. There's just not enough room for a double-set in this action. This is too bad, too, because the DST is by far the best kind of trigger for a hunting rifle. I have a Canjar SST on one of my No.1's, and it works well UNSET!! However, single-set triggers are poor for hunting except for varmint shooting! They are a pain to set particularly when you are in a hurry, and can slip and possibly result in a premature discharge. They're even worse if you are trying to set the thing when your fingers are cold! I think my Canjar works at about 2.5 pounds UNSET, as a single-stage, however. IF you can get Canjar to sell you one, try it!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Zermel, I think you'd be hard pressed to get it under 2 lbs. Mine is right at 3 lbs. maybe just a hair under, and it's nice and crisp. Are you planning on doing some benchrest or varmint work with your #1? Call Moyers, he's a nice fellow and will tell you if it'll do it or not. Had to call him a couple weeks ago on a Browning A-Bolt trigger that I was installing for my brother.

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My gunsmith could only get my Moyer's #1 trigger down to 4 #'s. It must vary a lot with each rifle.

Posts: 314 | Location: Abilene,Tx. USA | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have the kepplinger single set trigger and think it is well worth the money. the primary pull is 2lbs and is smoothe as a baby's butt. the set pull is 8oz. i also have the competition speed hammer and it has no affect on the kepplinger pull. my rifle is a #3 custom in 250AI built by clifford sanders of ACE GUN REPAIR in lake placid, fla.
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!

Posts: 34 | Location: sebring,fl | Registered: 11 June 2003Reply With Quote