New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accuracy Gunsmith Recommendation?
 Login/Join

<Hondo64d>
posted
I have a Remington 700 Stainless with an HS Precision Stock. I am going to have the rifle rebarreled, and want to have the action trued up.
This is going to be a light varmint/deer rifle, probably in .250 AI, but I still want the most accuracy I can expect out of this weight gun. You guys have any recommendations on a gunsmith that does quality accuracy work at an affordable price?

Thanks,

John

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hill Country Rifles in Texas has an outstanding reputation and a lot of folks think highly of Mike Bryant. You can do a web-search for Hill Country and you can find Mike's web-site on www.benchrest.com look on the left under gunsmiths.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
I would choose David Tooley
www.tooleyrifles.com

see the other topic on this forum for more information.

Good Luck
/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
I will chime in for Hill Country Rifles also. I have had them do a custom rifle for me and accurize another one. Give Matt a call: (830) 609-3139.
Hill Country Rifles Link

Good Hunting,

Bob Connell

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
<Hondo64d>
posted
Thanks for the input. I will check these guys out before I decide.

John

one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess I will make three for Hill Country. They have done three rifles for me and they are all exceptional. Two re-barrels and one from the ground up.

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Charley Worrell of Worrell Rifles in Fredricksburg, Tx. Hill Country is good, Howard Deitz in New Braunfels has rebarrelled three for me, all good work, but I take all my work to Charley. (806) 997-8821. You won't be dissappointed.

posted Hide Post
DB Bill mentioned Mike Bryant, I have a custom 7mm STW by Mike that will shoots extremely well, would highly recommend.

Posts: 21 | Location: Las Vegas NV | Registered: 18 April 2002Reply With Quote