New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carcano scope mounting... Weaver No. 1 Mount
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I realize this isnt a military rifle devoted area, but i thought i would give this a try.

Have a carcano rifle. Thinking of putting a scope on it. Only mount availible to my knowledge is a Weaver No. 1 Wondering if anybody has any experience with this mount? Wondering what ring setup is used with this mount? Does this mount set the scope off to the side of the action to allow for clip loading?

Anybody have a military related website forum that might know more about this?

Thank you.

Posts: 168 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you mean the weaver #1 side reciever mount?

I just bought 2 different side mount ring sets for a project if thats what you are talking about

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup thats the mount i am talking about...
The Weaver #1 Side mount. I am assuming that this takes their general detachable ring assembly as well, is that a correct assumption?

Thanks

Posts: 168 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yea weaver has a ring mount for the side base. Brownells and Midway are the only ones I know that have it.

The mount they are selling now is a high ring set with relief for the scope turents. Weaver had a old medium/low ring set(I bought one off ebay)and it does not have clearance for scope turents. I dont know if its made any more.

I used a bench grinder and made a nice relief inbetween the rings so the turents could clear.

Bases: I have the #1 base that came with the old low ring set and the scope sets square in the middle of the reciever. But the new High ring mount with that same base sets the scope way to the right of the reciever(that sucks). I dont know if the new base is different or not( so the high mount will be centered on the reciever) I doubt it.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote