New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harris Bipod, Fitting problems.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have recently bought a Steyr Prohunter in stainless synthetic.

I removed the stock to see if I could drill to fit a traditional lug, to take a bipod.

The inside of the stock is hollow with a deep spine that runs fore and aft with suporting ribs every 2" or so.

This prevents drilling in the centre.

Any ideas.

Cheers Rob T

Posts: 64 | Location: Merseyside,England | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you drill from the outside in, right on center of the rib, you should be able to place your sling stud through and either break out a section of the center rib and drop a large wad of epoxy over the interior nut/stud, or put a large 1/4" fender washer on the inside to stabilize the stock and support the sling stud.
Of course, there are probably only about 400 other ways to do it also. - Sheister

Posts: 385 | Location: Hillsboro, Oregon | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just drill the hole to mark where you want it. If it hits solid material, use a rear syle sling swivel stud with screw type threads, or use the process mentioned above.

Posts: 2852 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote