New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small ring mauser action
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What can anyone tell me about a Brazillian 94 ? small ring mauser. Will it take the short chambered bbls offered in brownells? Is it an acceptable action to build a 300 Savage on? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if this one is no good, where can I get a small ring action at a decent price. Thanks...C

Posts: 627 | Location: Niceville, Florida | Registered: 12 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well you might want to have it tested for hardness before you start building anything. The gunsmith I use to work for suggested it when we built one for a friend of mine. Just a suggestion. I would hate for you to build a gun and the action be too soft. I am sure it is fine but some of the large and small ring mauser actions were not heat treated as good as should have.

Posts: 99 | Location: Blue Springs, MO | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
carnivore--

That is an 1893 action and not made nor suitable for high intensity cartridges.

Either leave it alone or stick with 42k 7x57 loads. It can be dangerous with anything more.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Thats the info I was looking for...

[ 06-22-2002, 04:05: Message edited by: Carnivore ]

Posts: 627 | Location: Niceville, Florida | Registered: 12 April 2001Reply With Quote