THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Value of Winchester Featherweight CRF in 280 Remington

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Value of Winchester Featherweight CRF in 280 Remington
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was wondering if it would be of any real rewarded effort to get a FWT 280 Remington reblued for resale. I have the opportunity to buy a FWT 280 Rem CRF and just wanted to know what the going rate would be for a reblued gun that was in great shape all around.

Posts: 185 | Location: IL | Registered: 25 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is that the same one that was posted about that had scrapes in the blueing?

I have a bunch of the older winchester catalogs and the 280 was only made 1 or 2 years.

Big deal though , I dont thing its anything special that makes it worth more than 500 bucks

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And a lot of the value in a collector piece has to do with "original" condition. if you reblue the piece you will destroy its originality. If you can get it for a good price the best thing to do would be to purchase it and then use and enjoy it for as long as you can to get your value out of it, and then consider yourself lucky if you can sell it for more than you paid for it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Another option if you could get into it cheap, would be to have someone do a nice rust blue on it and have a good finish put on the stock and checkering recut. Might be able to end up with a real nice semi-custom for not a lot of $. Kind of a poor mans dakota. The Winchester featherweight does have a very good looking stock.

John

Posts: 563 | Location: illinois | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I think I'll just let this one pass.

GSP7, yes, it is the same rifle, just toying around with the idea.

Posts: 185 | Location: IL | Registered: 25 March 2004Reply With Quote