Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replacement stock?
 Login/Join

posted
I have the 1950ish BRNO 22F small ring 98 sporting rifle with the full stock. Some previous owner cut about 4" off the butt and then later a badly mismatched filler piece was added. Any suggestions on where I might find a factory replacement or a stock maker who can duplicate this for me? Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would forget about trying to find a factory replacement stock, firstly because the rifle in this configuration is somewhat scarce in this country, but secondly I have never found two of these rifles that were set up exactly the same. There always seems to be a difference in location of barrel band swivel and front sling swivel. Duplication would be your best choice.

Posts: 249 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle (I'm a 21 fan), too bad about the stock. Having said that my personal take on the problem would be to keep the old stock but have someone do a better "blending" in job for you. I'd give it a whirl myself if it was mine - one can still, should you not be happy go the $duplication route$. Just a suggestion FWIW --- John303.