THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Wiebe vs. Swift/Blackburn .500 Jeffery bottom metal

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wiebe vs. Swift/Blackburn .500 Jeffery bottom metal
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Differences: staggered vs. inline feed, anything else major other then Duane being the patron saint of the .500 Jeffery?

Posts: 528 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might as well answer for my part...We do not make in line , offer 3 or 4 down and our's use the standard trigger. Front wall thickness is a 3/16" thick, all parts 1018 steel

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane, thanks for your quick answer. I did know yours is staggered from your webpage. The front all thickness in nice to know. It is my understanding that the Swift/Blackburn is inline and I didn't know if anyone knew anything else about it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Swift must have done a re-design from the original Blackburn. Certainly easier for feeding, but making a stagered 500 Jeff feed is not rocket science Be curious to see how many can be stacked up in the inline config.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last I talked to anyone at swift they commented that they weren't going to change the designs any. You might want to call them and get all the details. Of course I'd just get one from Duane if it were me. I think his trigger bow design leave for more trigger options where the shape of teds caters to his trigger.
Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spoke to Swift this morning. Their Blackburn bottom metal for the .500 Jeffery is staggered.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is not a good reason for not buying from Duane Wiebe.

Luck,

Stephen

Posts: 538 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: 14 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Frith:
That is not a good reason for not buying from Duane Wiebe.

It wasn't meant to be. Truthfully Duane's have always been my first choice. My question is more acedemic then anything else.