New
Find
Notify
Tools

sako riihimaki safety question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
is there any way to make the "on"function easier to pull back? thanks for any help,terry

Posts: 339 | Location: tx | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's been about 30 years since I worked on one of these but I seem to remember that was caused be the trigger being improperly adjusted. If you back off the engagement screw a little bit so the trigger has a little more travel, I think your problem will dissapear. Bill

Posts: 111 | Location: Downs, Kansas | Registered: 16 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bill,not sure that will fix it??,these have a trigger like a pre-64 model 70 only the one screw/bolt with the spring and the two nuts ,overtravel is adj. with a lot of travel

Posts: 339 | Location: tx | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You must have a model 46 or model 57. I have never worked on one of those. I figured you had a m461 or m579 which has a trigger assembly similar to a timmney trigger. Sorry Bill

Posts: 111 | Location: Downs, Kansas | Registered: 16 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Earl
posted Hide Post
I have worked on a couple and they just do not get “smooth”. A lot of work in a short throw. On my personal deer rifle (L-61) I went with a LaPour and am very pleased with it. You also want to snug the rear guard screw gently as the older Sako’s tend to flex easily and really wreck havoc accuracy wise.

Posts: 364 | Location: Sticks, Indiana | Registered: 03 July 2007Reply With Quote