A Beautiful Rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Howard. Lot's of drooling. Sorry. Very nice rifle. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
<JHook>
posted
Glad we got you on the .338 bandwagon Saeed. Boy what a rifle, congrats................J

<ChuckD>
posted
And they say craftmanship is dead! I truely believe that exactly the right guy got this incredible rifle. I am happy that you will use this rifle as opposed to locking it up in a safe. Congratulations. Chuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just ordered 2 of these fine rifles. One in 300 H&H, the other in 375 H&H. It will be around a year and half to two years before there ready. I wonder how much more trouble I can get into between now and then? [Confused] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alvinmack
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Rifle without a doubt! How much does Miller charge for a new barrel job? I would be curious with all of the engraving that he adds to it.

Posts: 448 | Location: Lino Lakes, MN | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work and I suspect it took more than 300hrs to complete. This is the standard I'd like to achieve when I retire and start building DGR's for real. It's a pleasure to just look at this work and to think about how to even come close.-Rob

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very, very nice rifle but I have a question...why does the barrel go from round...to octagonal...back to round?

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
What is the wood? Is that #5-grade curly maple?

Beautiful rifle. Thank you for sharing.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's more figure in the cheek piece on that stock than all the rifles I've ever owned put together. Beautiful piece of work. Now I'm going to my room and sulk cause I don't have one. [Frown]

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Harry>
posted
If I owned it I would sleep with it! I have always been a bit kinky when it comes to good guns. [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
David Miller is an artist not a craftsman, and you now possess an original work of art. It's a beauty.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Jagermeister>
posted
who does it belong to? saeed or Lee? everybody keeps addressing lee, though saeed says it's his?

it's a slick piece indeed, but all the bastards complaining about a $14K Hauptmann Ferlach rifle can shut up. having personally met karl hauptmann and having handled his rifles in Ferlach, i can atest to their remarkability. but americans, irrational though sometimes they are, like millers.....and that's understandable. it's a culture and style thing.

i definitely don't like the winchester emblem though. other than that, i do like it a good deal...not as much as a biesen rifle, but definitely a good deal, indeed.

if it doesn't work, there's always ferlach.

<Kboom>
posted
Nifty !

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
What Bill said! Its nice to have a look see at what a master can do. Gives us amatuers an idea of direction like a would be golfer watches Tiger Woods on the tube..

Posts: 10173 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here we go again, commodity chic!

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It belongs to Lee i think Saeed posted the pics for him. I dont like the Winchester emblem at all it just dosent fit, he will leave it off if you like. The main reason he puts it there is for customs when traveling internationally its easier to bring it back across the border.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Sniper>
posted
That is one of the most beautiful pieces of wood I have ever seen..beautiful beautiful rifle.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I got to see this rifle this weekend and touch it too. [Big Grin] I met Lee on a hunt, the proud owner of this rifle. What a great experience hunting with fine rifles and even better company. It is beyond amazing pictures dont do it justice. Thanks again Lee.

one of us
Picture of wingnut
posted Hide Post
I'm gettin' dehydrated. Losin' fluid from droolin' over the pics, and from cryin' 'cause I know I'll never own something like that. Never even get to hold it, probably never even see in person a rifle 1/10 of that one.

I'd pay you to let me clean it just so I could hold it in my hands.

Enjoy it, and think of the rest of us when you do, please. Hope many generations of your family to come will also get to enjoy it.

Posts: 683 | Location: L A | Registered: 23 July 2002Reply With Quote
<Mauser416>
posted
If you ever get bored with it, I'd be more than happy to trade you even for my CZ 550 Magnum in 375 H&H. I'll even pick up the tab for shipping on both rifles!

Beautiful rifle. The stock is most impressive. Really, the whole work is most impressive. I hope you take it out and enjoy it. I'd be afraid of scratching it. Congrats on a fine acquisition!

Eric

<Hunter - DownUnder>
posted
I don't mean to sound like a know all but I've spotted some minor issues with the rifle...
It's Ok, I can fix them all at a cheap price.
Just ship it to Hunter Down Under, Australia, I should be finished with it in about 12 months OK [Wink]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I Had a great time with you Eric, and hope we can do it again.It truly is a great work of art, and I will cherish it for as long as I have it. But my toys pale in comparison to Eric's. People we already have a winner for the most cool toys award. I nominate Eric, and he will win hands down.. Super guy to have in camp thats for sure. If we can only get him some clothing to keep him from getting cold.. [Smile] Have a great time on your trip...

Posts: 188 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 31 March 2002Reply With Quote
<George Hoffman>
posted
This just proves what I have been saying for years
now. The best craftsmen for bolt action rifles is
right here in good ol' USA, not europe.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Understated elegance! Just my style but beyond my budget. Money well spent! I am envious and happy for you all at the same time. My favorite caliber too. Hope you have a long and fruitful relationship with that beauty.

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote