one of us
posted
Guys,

Does anyone know who (if anyone) is the current
importer of BRNO barreled actions? Do they have
a web site? Phone number?

TIA

Roi

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are several wholesalers that handle the barreled actions, among who are Ron Shirk and The RSR Group, but to the best of my knowledge, there is still an embargo in effect. Or was a few months ago when I tried to buy several for my store.

Posts: 200 | Location: Tin Top .Texas | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I could be wrong here, but I think the current CZ is the old Brno firm. There's a lot of similarity in their products. Does anyone out there know for certain? Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brno and CZ are two seperate factories. During the communist years all exported firearms were labeled Brno, even the ones made by CZ.

Commercial BRNO 98 rifles were imported in recent years by EAA (budget line). There has been no official importer in the US for the premium line. There has been a rumor of BRNO bankruptcy.

Military surplus Brno actions are available thru several sources.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GBF
posted Hide Post
Guys, do you know anything about the quality of the Brno made 98�s (B98 at Brno) ? I held one the other day, brand new and it felt decent, the action was smooth and a true M98. The wood was perhaps not first class but I have definitely seen worse.

Regards

[ 10-19-2003, 11:41: Message edited by: GBF ]

Posts: 392 | Location: Insula Thule | Registered: 03 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GBF

I had a Brno 98 full stock 9.3x62 that was made in 2001. Quality was on par with the CZ550, and it was a true 98 in every respect. The trigger was single-set. It was very light, so it had a lot of recoil.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote