Find
Notify
Tools

Cheap ammo on-line........no way!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of reloaderman
posted
A friend sent me this, his son was shooting at a range with some ammo he bought on-line! I don't know what kind. "Bulk"???
He sent the gun back to the manufacturer as it's still under warrenty. I don't think he will have any luck. No one was hurt, but the gun was completely distroyed ( nice way to lose $1000 ).

Shovel ready.....
but hangin' on

Posts: 707 | Location: West Texas,USA | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
If this ammo was bought from a commercial loader or was factory bulk your buddy should be contacting them. Bulk remanufactured or factory, it should meet SAAMI spec. The maker is likely liable if there was a ammo problem so your buddy may not be out for the gun.
Very glad no one was hurt!

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
South American ammo?

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bummer, but at least it wasn't a real rifle, just one of the Mattel toys guns Big Grin

Seriously, he needs to contact the maker of that ammo, along with the manfacture of the rifle.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm,
Split the bolt carrier, pretty cool. That sucked up some of the energy. New bolt and carrier, and new upper; may be able to get 'er back up and running. Have to chamber cast the barrel first, of course.
Over on http://www.ar15.com there is a running thread that rates all the ammo that is available for rat guns.
lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NEJack
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember something about some off spec Federal loads out there that have a habit of doing this.

Funny thing, I trust my reloads more than I do the "cheap" stuff. At least I know the idiot who loaded my stuff! Big Grin

Posts: 727 | Location: Eastern Iowa (NUTS!) | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NEJack
posted Hide Post
Actually, here is a thread on the very thing!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=241144

Posts: 727 | Location: Eastern Iowa (NUTS!) | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that what you get for shooting factory ammo

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote