New
Find
Notify
Tools

stock turning service
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for someone who has a good pantagraf to turn wood to a good classic pattern. We used to send wood to Ed Shulin in Colorado, but he passed away .Ed sold his patterns and his Dakota pantagraf to someone before he passed, but we have been unable to make any contact with his successor- so we are looking for another quality turner. Thanks, Mori

Posts: 59 | Location: northern CA | Registered: 28 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Mori,

Like you I used Ed Shulin in the past. I've been doing turning for a while. I've done some for members here. Send me a PM for what type of service you are looking for. I have a few classic Mauser patterns or can copy one of yours.

Paul

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Chris at Walnut Grove Gunstocks had some nice patterns and got me a nice stock for a Mauser I'm working on. You might want to give him a call.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used Shane Thompson with excellent results.

Posts: 990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
paul, ramrod340, was kind enough to use my pattern and turn one from a laminate blank for me. it was better service and product than i ever got from great american or richards. next time i need a blank turned paul will get a call from me. can't speak to his patterns as i had my own but his work was top notch.
max

Posts: 980 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Max thanks for the kind words.

At this time I'm only doing the rough cut and inletting. No finished work. My current patterns are MKX/FN/98 related. I can use your stock or pattern but the cost will be a little higher.

PM me or email me at ramrod340@hotmail.com if you have question.

Here are the majority of the patterns I have on hand for the MK/FN/M98. I don't cut for the cross pin release and I also do not cut for the side safety.

This is what I call an old classic.

While this is more a new classic.

This is the upgraded MKX Cavalier factory.

A couple older FN styles along with a semi I've never got around to building.

I also have a factory Mini MKX and MKX Whitworth and M70.

I would love to work a deal to get a chance to copy a classic small ring Mauser.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote