New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Hawkeye
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have paid almost no attention to new firearms the past several years. That being said I am interested in the new Ruger Hawkeye.

What I have been told about it is its a M77 with slimmer hand checkered stock, and has a new adjustable trigger. Other then that its the same rifle. Am I missing anything?

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
The high polish blue is also gone. I don't think the trigger is adjustable but it is "new". I bought one in 257 roberts, my first factory purchase in years. I like it.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a smith myself,
But I have looked hard at the hawkey. I do like them. The trigger is not adjustable, But It is generally an improvment.
On the ones I have handeld , They are rather inconsistant , some good some not.
I hear they are improvable with a little polishing. I like the stock much better.
I am thinking of one in .308.
If I buy one , I expect to put a banded front sight on it and flip up rear.
And , eventualy a restock , more for cosmetic reasons that anything else.
I would like to see some more chamberings, like 6mm Rem .350 rem mag or 35 Whelen.
The SS plastic one looks much better than the old ones, bead blasted and both have real steel bottom metal.
...tj3006

freedom1st