THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Looking for guidance in removing a new Ruger #1 trigger

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for guidance in removing a new Ruger #1 trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was hoping that someone had a website recommendation or could hand hold me through the proper process of removing the trigger on a 2015 Ruger 1. The trigger is set at a hard 7.5# and I was either going to try to replace it with a Kiplinger or have it stoned to see if it can be lessened/improved.
Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
DJ

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Sure; here how I do it; remove the stocks; both of them must come off. Place a pin in the mainspring strut and pull the trigger. Remove all screws and pins (you need two screwdrivers for the main pivot pin). Drop the lever and shake everything out into a container. That's it.
There are you tube videos on it too. Your owners manual shows you how it fits back together; they are very simple things.

Posts: 17288 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
You forgot to say "and good luck!".

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2945 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yeah. It will take you about ten tries to get it back together but no one can teach you that. One tip is to hold the lever-block link assembly in one hand, all together, whilst inserting it back into the frame, while at the same time holding the extractor and spring in place with your third hand. Do not let that little roller on the side of the block fall out and roll under your bench. I probably have a few down there....
It ain't hard.

Posts: 17288 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote