New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a chop job
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know of a 'smith that can cut down and crown a T/C Encore barrel from 24 to 17 inches?
Now I realize that just about any gunsmith can do the job, but what I am looking for is one that is within a 75 mile radius of Albany, NY. Ideally, I can make an appointment, and have the job done while I wait. Touch up blue not required.
Anyone with a recommendation?
Thanks

Posts: 282 | Location: Mid-Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: 26 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I jsut finished one. Email me

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can just whack it off with a hacksaw and recrown it with a squaring reamer sold by Brownells. What to do with the reamer later? Offer the job to other T/C owners who seek the same thing. If that fails: C-4!

[ 07-12-2003, 19:17: Message edited by: rootbeer ]

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input guys. Problem, such as it was is solved. As it happens, I got together with and old friend today, and he told me he would take care of the situation. As he is somewhat experienced in firearm technology (former owner of Kimber Firearms) I think he should be able to handle the situation. If I had half a brain, I would have called him in the first place.
Thanks again

Posts: 282 | Location: Mid-Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: 26 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Once you've hacksawed it, flatten it out and crown it with a carriage bolt chucked in your drill and jeweler's rouge.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote