New
Find
Notify
Tools

kleinguenther problem
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Friend had Tip Burns rebarrel his(Tip did a good job)shortly after reveiving rifle, bolt uncocks when extracting a round,have to hand cock shroud to get bolt back in action,it will stay cocked till next round is extracted,then same thing.He took it back to Tip and was told they all do it over time and use and problem can't be fixed??Not sure about the answer,but wonder if any of you gunsmiths have worked on or encountered this problem with a Kleinguenther?

Posts: 339 | Location: tx | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't be a big problem to form a detent for the cocking piece.
The root cause may be too much clearance between the bolt shroud and receiver or too much clearance between the cocking piece and the groove in the tang. In different designs, cocking is managed differently so I am only giving general info here. I don't have a Kleinguenther in the shop to check. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3784 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
KDF is still in Seguin, TX. Perhaps someone there is familiar with the issue.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
and the founding guys at Hill Country Rifles came from KDF, might try them, too (830-609-3139). Ask for Matt

Posts: 235 | Location: San Antonio, TX USA | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
WICH ACTION IS IT K14 K15

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I callled KDF and talked to Philip,as he's about the only person left with Kleinguenther experience,so friend is planning to take the rifle over there and let him look at it,not sure which model it is,but was and is a 25/06.I got a bit more info,as he had Tip send it off and have some special coating done on everything,so that was when the problem started,but yesterday he tried to make it fail at least 50 times before it did it one time,so me thinks mr. Leeper is on to the problem,believe too much coating in the wrong place and it's starting to wear off and work properly.I told him to see if he could get any crud out of the detent pin hole in the receiver,as the pin on the cocking piece slides in a hole in the receiver when the bolt is closed,may not be going in far enough and wants to pop out of place when the bolt is opened.Anyhow thanks for everyones suggestions and think it will fix itself with a bit of use,as it has been shot very little since the work was done. terry

Posts: 339 | Location: tx | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote