Glossy

Question:
Bolt finish

Choices:
Polished
Dark
Jeweled

Question:
Favorite drink when your done with this poll, or your reloading, or working on your gun?

Choices:
Bourbon
Whisky
Scotish
Gin
Vodka
Beer

Posts: 822 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 22 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you left out Mountain Dew and Cherry Dr. Pepper in the drink category.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does everyone require alcohol to get through life?

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Depending on what kind of a day it has been,
I prefer either Mead, or Schnapps made from Strawberries....or once in a rare while, a Whiteways cider. Unfortunately none of the three are available in this country, so it has been a long drought.

If you're passing out beer, I'll take a DoubleBrown bitter beer, thank you very much. I've been trying to get the Oregon Liquor Control Board (which owns all the liquor stores in this bloody state) to import it for the last 19 years, with no success.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
As the poll stands now:

Bolt finish
2 (25%)
Polished
0 (0%)
Dark
6 (75%)
Jeweled

I am amazed that Jeweled bolts are making such a strong showing.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the jewelled bolt, if done carefully, can be a very classy approach to metal finish.
I do not care for the typical factory treatment as seen on some Rems, Win., and Weatherby's. When carefully done it is a very nice touch. JMO.

martin

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR4759:

No, but like a jeweled bolt it can make more interesting at times. Big Grin

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I drink diet pepsi, especially around firearms! you need 'other' on the drink selection.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of James Kain
posted Hide Post
I d say vodka because you can add it to anything with out it changing the flavor much.
But my drink of choice back when I did drink is 7&7.
Personally I dont like a flashy gun.

Disabled Vet(non-combat) - US Army
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunter, trapper, machinest, gamer, angler, and all around do it your selfer.
Build my own CNC router from scratch. I installed the hight wrong. My hight moves but the rails blocks 3/4 of the hight.....

Posts: 934 | Location: North Anson Maine USA | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I couldn't select more than one drink option. beer

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR4759:

Pretty much, yes.

Mike

Posts: 21684 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Those that don't usually frighten me!

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
dancingIf it contains ethyl alcohol it has a good start.A satisfactory taste is good and a warm feeling end result imparative no matter what the nomenclature. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post
It's Bourbon tonight boys

If a satin finish is so popular, makes you wonder why do so many guns come with a gloss finish

Posts: 822 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 22 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Yeh, it is too bad the poll rules require respondents to answer every question or else they can't vote.

Only one of the questions, the one on bolt finish was one I could honestly answer. I prefer blued bolts, which received no votes the last time I looked. I tried to vote that way, but the machine wouldn't accept just that one answer. I didn't want any of the booze listed, and like matt finishes on hunting stocks, and gloss finishes on match rifle stocks, so I couldn't say I preferred one of those either.

No big deal...just telling you why blued finish bolts didn't have at least one vote early on.

No bourbon for me, thanks. If I wanted the taste of burnt oak in my mouth, I think I could get it out in the little patch of woods here, at much less hangover risk. Wink Big Grin

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Trez Hensley
posted Hide Post
My uncle who I liked a lot, died at age 29 from alcohol poisoning (a one night binge).

I was fairly young. I've never been drunk because of it. Dad doesn't drink either, for the same reason and wouldn't even buy me a beer on my 21st. "You can buy one but I will have no part in contributing". I respect him a great deal for that.

So I couldn't post a reply in the poll but I'll weigh in.

Satin finish and polished bolt for me.

Trez Hensley-ACGG
Custom Gunmaker
Curious about who Jesus is? Click hereChristianity-or- contact me

Posts: 485 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I like the bolt body and handle blued and polish the extractor and extractor ring.

On the stock, satin finish.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote