Find
Notify
Tools

99 SAVAGE TRIGGERS
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CLL
posted
Outside of taking some meat from the sear , is there anyway to reduce the trigger pull weight ? Basicly I have removed some of the sear , this took care of the long trigger pull but did not reduce pull weight . This gun has shot some really nice groups , but I feel it could still do better without the heavy pull . Thanks Clint

Posts: 200 | Location: CA,U.S.A. | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought savage triggers were only surface hardened, might want to check before you work it down to much.

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone know a good 99 smith in northeast or atleast east of the missippi river????????

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CLL
posted Hide Post
Currently there is about 1/16" of sear engagement . This was about an 1/8" before . With the rear stock removed it is easy to view , the thing is because the sear directly retains the force of the hammer and mainspring I was wondering If there is a way to lighten trigger pull , The creep is no longer a problem . By the way I've run the action(lever) as hard and fast as I can with no slam fire problems . Sear was also left square ,flat to flat for the bearing surface .

Posts: 200 | Location: CA,U.S.A. | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I was wondering If there is a way to lighten trigger pull

A lighter trigger spring should help. Don't know of any being made so you may need to make one yourself.

Posts: 338 | Location: Johnsburg, Illinois | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote