THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

XS Sight Scout Scope Mount reliability...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted
I searched the forum and did not come up with anything, so I am asking, does any one have any experience with the XS Clifton Scout Scope Mount on a Mauser Rifle?
I have a sporterized Mauser in 308 I am thinking about putting one of these on and mounting a Leupold 2.5 Scout Scope to it. I was just curious if it had any adverse accuracy issues and how stable they are if installed to the company specifications. Once it goes on there, I want it to stay, permanently.
Thanks for any input.

Regards,

Brian

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
quote:
XS Clifton Scout Scope Mount

I have installed a couple of them. Prep the area and install them per the instructions and they are pretty much permanent. Once they are set there is no adjusting them for cant or anything else. Had one on an old Santa Fe Arms Mauser in .308. Worked fine. Had to do a little inletting on the upper hand guard and of course the stock.

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
Excellent. Thank you for the feedback Dave.

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote