New
Find
Notify
Tools

howa trigger?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
does anybody make an aftermarket trigger for the howa 1500?

Posts: 37 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine has his adjusted down to less than 1 pound and it is SWEET! The original can work great. He did his himself.

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
What's wrobng with it? Your gunsmith should beable to adjust to 3-2.5lbs

less than 1 lbs is a benchrest only proposition.
A twig in the triggerguard could discharge... and you wont' be counting on the safety right?

jeffe

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe,

I never count on the safety and 1 pound is way too light for my hunting rifles. My rem 300wm I just finished breaks at 2.5 lbs. If it were lighter than 2 lbs it would make me uncomfortable.

My others are 3.2 lbs, 3.5, 4.2 and the new 243 model 7, about 8-9 lbs. which needs serious attention.

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is primitive but a rule for me. If I can make the firing pin drop by smacking the butt of the rifle on a hard floor then the trigger is too light. I had a gunsmith do some trigger work for me. I picked up the rifle, tried the trigger on a snap cap, cocked it again and smacked it on the floor. It "fired" and the smith's face went red. Imagine slipping on ice, shale or wet leaves and hitting a rock or something. Yeah, yeah, that is what safeties are for. I don't trust them much either.

Posts: 627 | Location: Niceville, Florida | Registered: 12 April 2001Reply With Quote