New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester model 25?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anyone tell me about the m25? It looks very much like a Model 12. I see one for sale in pretty good shape for $250.. Just wondering.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The 25 is a solid frame version of the M12.

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the model 25 isn't a solid frame version of the model 12. there was a solid frame version of the model 12 which was known as the "lightweight" model 12. a large percentage of the parts are common between the 12 and 25 but not all. i'd never owned one until recently (and gave more than $250 for it but is pretty nice shape). it is a far, far better gun than its popularity would indicate. build quality is right up there with the 12. the only complaint i've heard is that the older version (it was only made abt 5 years) has an "s" curve in the operating rod which sometimes breaks but i think this same style was also used on the model 12 for a similar short period of time. not sure about that. feel and handling are a little different from a 12 but not detrimentally. is one of the most shootable and easiest to hit with shotguns i've got, almost up there w/ a couple of m12 skeet guns i've got.

personally, i'd spend $250 on one of those before i'd by ANY alum frame, birch or plastic stock anything else.