Find
Notify
Tools

Bedding problem?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of raybass
posted
I have a new Kimber 84m in .308 and have been shooting it at the range a couple of times. It really hasn't shoot that well(2-2.5 inches).Took it apart tonight to look at bedding job,left side of recoil lug depression was chipped out which looked too wide and probably was unintentional during assembly. Should I send it back or fix it myself? Also it looked like there may have been some movement,all screws were tight.

Straight shootin to ya

Posts: 531 | Location: Montgomery, Texas | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear of the accuracy problems with your new Kimber. I was frustrated with mine and leaned into a large screwdriver on those opposing scope base screws. I thought they were tight. Now the rifle is accurate.

Since it's new and under warrantee I would just leave it as is til after the fall season and keep the gun as a back up and send it back, if necessary, later this year.

When you get new mounts donate yours to the Army Corps of Engineers. They need landfill.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of raybass
posted Hide Post
Accuracy problem hasn't got me crazy yet since the only premium loads I have tried are failsafes. And I dont believe the gun is broken in yet. Only has about 40-50 rounds thru it so far and it is the first light rifle I have shot.Really like the trigger and feel of the gun. Reloading is in the works.

Straight shootin to ya

Posts: 531 | Location: Montgomery, Texas | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote