Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin Model 60 disassembly?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted
Picked up a cheap (used)Marlin model 60 without the manual and the action is kinda crappy. I want to take it apart, but have no manual. Does anyone have a manual? I'll pay for a copy of it to be sent to me...

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Hey I can make some quick cash here! I'll charge you what, 5, 10 dollars, then when you pay up I'll log onto the marlin and I bet you can probably request a free manual online.

Try here: http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firearms/index.php

Otherwise, I believe you remove the 2 screws holding the action to the stock (the big screw and the one towards the rear of the triggerguard) and there are 4 screws that hold the trigger sear/hammer assembly in. remove them, the assembly drops out, and you can retract the breech bolt and guide it out, but be careful as it is under a little bit of spring tension. re assembly is the opposite way.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Oops was wrong about being able to do it online:

To obtain an Owner's Manual
Please send your name and address to:
Marlin Services
P.O. Box 248
North Haven, CT 06473

Be sure to specify the model name and serial number of the specific firearms.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I cut my teeth on a model 60. Remove the two outer most screws near the trigger guard. Lift out the barrelled action. Next turn it upside down and you will notice a push pin at the rear. Push it out and push and pull on the feeding mechanism; lift and pull it out. This will expose the bolt. Simply slide the bolt back, a little, and lift it out. that it easy.

Posts: 62 | Location: Montana | Registered: 16 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted Hide Post
Thanx all..the action looks as though it has sand (!?) in it, I'd like to take everything out, soak the pieces in solvent, and relube.

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote