New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunsmith near Pullman, Wa or Moscow,ID?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Fellow up at WSU has a Sako AV that I am interested in buying (sold two Remingtons). He needs a gunsmith to go through it and make sure it is sound (and tell him its value, of course).

When I get back from my overseas deployments and African visits I am thinking about taking an ER job up there (living up on TOP, not down on the Clearwater river). The point is, I am a charter member of the "support your local gunsmith club". So please tell this guy the real world value of the rifle, not the gunbroker asking price.

Thanks,

lawndart

PS How is the duck and goose hunting up that way. It is getting too crowded down here. Land just went up through $14,000/acre (for farming ground!).

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
Had any luck finding gunsmith yet? I know a couple in town that he could take it to.

Duck hunting up here? Best bet is to buy a non-res Washington small game and hit the Winchester wasteway or Potholes (about 2 hours west) of here.

IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey IV,

These Boise State Philistines are making me ill with all the blue and orange! I left Illinois to get away from those colors.

I haven't got any names yet; if you could PM me a few I would appreciate it.

The waterway sounds good. I like to jump shoot them. My ass goes numb sitting in a blind.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If lawndart goes to the potholes he will only be about an hour from me and better damn well figure on staying here or he will be in a lot of trouble.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chic,

Your wife is going to love it when I walk in covered with feathers and duck blood. I am not the neatest plucker in the world Smiler.

LD

One of Us
posted Hide Post
She wouldn' bat an eye. Probably just look, smile and say "Chic is downstairs". Might be a good ploy on her part if the neighborhood mass murderer showed up.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lawndart!

Sorry to hear your leaving SW Idaho. Try Roger Biesen up in Spokane. He will cover any gun smithing needs you might require.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lawndart,

I have old friend who is currently going through the process of building a house down in Kamiah. He is breaking ground on a new shop and house this spring. Known him for years and once he is settled he will be somebody close that both does good work and can take care of your rifle needs.

If your looking for a FFL to do a transfer PM me and I will give you a contact in Moyie Springs, he can take care of you and doesn't charge a arm and a leg.

If you want to waterfowl hunt, check out the Bonners Ferry area north of me, its excellent.

And where are you planning on relocating to? I will be making trips down to Kamiah occasionally and the Clearwater runs right through town.

Posts: 1486 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 28 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lawndart:
Hey IV,

These Boise State Philistines are making me ill with all the blue and orange! I left Illinois to get away from those colors.

I haven't got any names yet; if you could PM me a few I would appreciate it.

The waterway sounds good. I like to jump shoot them. My ass goes numb sitting in a blind.

LD

Getting tired of the "Smurf turf" down there? I don't blame you! About the time you get to Cascade as you head north it quickly turns to Vandal country!

I'll round up the addresses and numbers of a couple of smiths we have used and PM you.

IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys!

Everyone down here is saying to me, "now that people are moving in you'll make a bunch of money on the clinic finally." Yuck.