Notify
Tools

Ethics of trading/selling bad guns
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 19Romeo:
I have also heard of guys trying to sell demilled rifles for the price of a functional rifle. Chambers cut or plugged etc. Most collectors are savvy with demilled drill and ceremony rifles. Cool wall hangers, but not meant to be fired ever again

Depends on the price one can always re-barrel them

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A good reason for a 5 day inspection period, or a guarentee of satisfaction...Thats not a given on some internet sales so request it in writing..Ive been burned several times, had to pay for the repair or repair it myself before I sold it with a guarentee return no questions asked..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Five days? No way I will allow that. If the new owner can't inspect it in 5 minutes and tell if it is what he wants or not, he should not be buying guns. What are they doing in 5 days that they can't do in 5 minutes?
I had one guy send me a Colt back after two months because he said it had file marks inside the frame, and it did, from the factory. Of course, being a nice guy, I sent him all his money back.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It could be like the guy over on another forum who sold his pristine Stg 44. He had a 5 day inspection and at the end the fellow decided to return it for a refund. When the guy got his gun back, several internal parts had been replaced with defective, non-matching ones. He didn't discover it until he had refunded the money. Now his gun was non-matching and didn't run either. Buyer disappeared. Gun parts thief.

quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Five days? No way I will allow that. If the new owner can't inspect it in 5 minutes and tell if it is what he wants or not, he should not be buying guns. What are they doing in 5 days that they can't do in 5 minutes?
I had one guy send me a Colt back after two months because he said it had file marks inside the frame, and it did, from the factory. Of course, being a nice guy, I sent him all his money back.

Posts: 3788 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I see nothing has been settled in this thread, lots of suggestions and bull shit, so my advise is beware of sales sight unseen, get a inspection period of 5 days, 3 days or if your not satisfied send it back guarentee, if they won't do that then beware before you buy..and yes, Ive been burned a couple of times in my 87 years..but 99% of the time the seller returned the money, that says a lot for the gun nuts of this world IMO..I will return payment in full of a gun returned for any reason as long as its returned as sent, it doesn't take me long to insept a gun..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

I may be a silly old guy but I think if buying and trading 2nd hand guns one has to expect there might be an issue. It's like buying a "pig in a poke". Additionally a guy might sell his rifle because HE can't make it shoot. I once informally worked with a small gun shop. A guy would bring a rifle back to the shop saying "it won't shoot". The shop owner would give me the gun to play with and a good part of the time with a little tweaking of loads it would shoot acceptable groups.

These guys were not crooks they just didn't know WTF they were doing.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote