New
Find
Notify
Tools

QR Scope mounts
 Login/Join

<Peter Walker>
posted
I have gone through two sets of Warne QR scope mounts for a Sako 75 in .416. What happens is after about 50 rounds the mounts creep ahead and the recoil lug peels back, actually breaking the steel apart behind the rear mount screw.
Has anyone else got a set of QR mounts that work on a Sako 75 that will handle the big bore recoil?

....Peter

<DuaneinND>
posted
I have had similar experinces with Warne rings on my 35 WWhelen Imp. I am sill using the warne base, but I switched to Leupold QR rings, and have not had any problems so far.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I got 9 rounds through my 300 Ultra mag before the rear piece of Leopold QRW rings broke. Real unimpressed.

Posts: 896 | Location: Austin,TX USA | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 300 RUM built on a TRGS action. The Sako Optiloc rings work very well with excellent return to zero ( within 1"). They are not true quick release requiring an Allen wrench for removal but none the less are very well made.

------------------
Growler

Posts: 95 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 23 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Don G>
posted
I use steel Weaver-type bases and the Burris Signature rings for my 416 M70. The bases are blue Loctited on. It takes a coin and about a minute to get the scope off the gun. The return to zero appears absolute when the scope is replaced.

The Delrin inserts in the Signature have held with no problems at all. I have almost 500 full-house rounds through the rifle.

What kind of scope are you using?

Don