Find
Notify
Tools

Good place to buy a new gun safe...?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
In the Phoenix, AZ area? I really need to get another gun safe. I've put it off for years, but can't do that any longer. Probably need two more, come to think of it.

So, who has a good brand of safe at a reasonable price in this area and will deliver?

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gary Reeder recommends, of all places, Sam's Club.
He's a custom revolver maker and pulls no punches about anything. He's said he's bought several from there.
You could get on his web site and email him your query. He's very good at answering promptly.
He's in Arizona also.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out Sturdy Safe.

www.sturdysafe.com.

They also have a bunch of good info and videos on safe on their sight that is worth a look by anybody fixing to buy a safe.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AC, you're fortunate in that most of the gunsafe suppliers seem to be in California, so shipping will be more reasonable than for the East. Check around and get a name brand, not a one-off from a local welder.

Posts: 20142 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call some local locksmiths, you may find they have a used burglary rated safe (as opposed to an RSC gun safe)cheaper than a new, fire box, gun safe.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lapidary, good point! Safes are somewhat like swimming pools and pool tables ....once the need is gone they take up too much room and may be hard to get rid of.

Posts: 20142 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
http://superiorgunsafes.com/dealers.php

I just bought an M-40. Very nice product.

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lapidary, good point! Safes are somewhat like swimming pools and pool tables ....once the need is gone they take up too much room and may be hard to get rid of.

I've picked up 3 safes from businesses that have gone out, or people who weren't using them anymore and didn't want to move them, two of them are burglary rated. I payed less for all three than one new gun safe would cost.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
I found a Media safe at a local industrial scrap auction. It's still there as far as I know but it 2200 lbs to heavy for me to want to move and since I'm on a subfloor it would have to be stored in my garage where I have zero room.

I'd try to find a used one for sure. Full retail is a bit of a rip. But you need to decide what you are protecting your firearms from. Is it theft or fire.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey ac I got an idea - you could sell me a bunch of your guns for say 10 cents on the dollar shocker and then you wouldn't need a new safe Big Grin

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote