THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Rear hole spacing on MRC LH charter issue actions?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rear hole spacing on MRC LH charter issue actions?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know what the rear hole spacing is on the Left Handed long charter issue MRC actions?

Thanks

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't understand your question. The spacing of the rear hole from what?

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A couple of the early ones that I saw had a .330" hole spacing..

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan will tell us the whole truth, but I believe that if you have not yet received your action, you'll find mount holes for both the .330" and the .860" (I believe it is) spacing. I.e. 3 holes - of which one will be covered if you are sensible enough to use 2 piece base with a .860" spacing.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The M1999 is supposed to take many of its features from the "new" pre-1964 M70 action. My money is that the spacing is identaical to that of the original USRAC action.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry it took so long to get back to everyone on this one, I've been swamped!
I spoke with the owner and he stated that the Left Hand "LONG" actions will maintain the 3 holes on the rear bridge. He said that he is doing so in order for people to use a variety of bases on the rear. It will have both the .330 and .860 spacing.
On the "SHORT" actions we will go exclusively to the .860" spacing on the rear.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks that is what I was after.

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote