New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weatherby Mark V barrel bedding
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I've seen a Mark V De Luxe in .270 WM at my gun store.
The stock is handcrafted by some gunsmith.

Now I'd like to know, whether ALL Mark Vs were produced with a pressure point at the fore end of the stock. Or have some of them left the factory with a free floating barrel?

Thanks a lot for info!

Regards

Kwagga

Where you hit an animal is within reason much more important than what you hit it with and a shot in the right place is worth more than a dozen in the wrong! Kevin Robertson

Posts: 10 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
I don't beleive I have ever seen a factory Weatherby MkV that didn't have a pressure point at the forend. If any of them left the factory with a floated barrel, a clean crown and decent trigger pull, it would have been by sheer accident. Big Grin

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
Most guns with light sporter barrels have pressure points. MkV accumarks are free floated, as are their varmint masters.

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Splendid!

Thanks a lot for the answers!

Kwagga

Where you hit an animal is within reason much more important than what you hit it with and a shot in the right place is worth more than a dozen in the wrong! Kevin Robertson

Posts: 10 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bore Boar Hunter:
Most guns with light sporter barrels have pressure points. MkV accumarks are free floated, as are their varmint masters.

John

Yes you are correct. I see so many of the old wooden stuff that I completely forgot about their composite models. Thanks!

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote