New
Find
Notify
Tools

Becoming "One of Us"
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm a "New Member." Through which hoops of fire do I have to jump to become "One of Us?" Just curious...

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe it means you have too much time on your hands, and post an outrageous amount.

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At the rate I'm going, I'll make "Partner" in no time!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
rootbeer,

I think it is 25 posts (or there abouts) and you become "One of Us" - not that it is a good thing. [Big Grin]

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rootbeer,

Welcome to the forum, I believe you're over half way to the "One of Us" status. But I'd say that your mere desire to become such has put you into that status.

But be forewarned: if you don't behave yourself around here I'll tell everyone what you've got going for you over in Front Royal and half the board will move to your neighborhood thus ruining your happy hunting ground. I understand the deer out your way are as numerous as Australian game.

Oh yeah, as for "behaving yourself around here", don't worry, you'll catch on soon enough. Just watch the gentile behavior of the Ones-of-Us's and do your best to emulate it. [Big Grin] Just don't continue it off line around your house though or you'll have a divorce headed your way... [Big Grin]

[ 06-03-2003, 07:14: Message edited by: Wismon ]

Posts: 358 | Registered: 15 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
Waaaiiiiitttaamminute!! Isn't the National Zoo's breeding farm there in Front Royal anymore? Rootbeer, you wouldn'ta bagged any strange exotics lately wouldja?

Just yanking your chain, lad [Razz]

Cheers!

Redial

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JAG
posted Hide Post
Rootbeer,
I sure wouldnt go around braggin about being "one of us"! Its a shady bunch around here!!! Besides, when you figure out who "us" is, you may change your mind!

With that in mind, welcome to the forum.

JAG

Posts: 510 | Location: Hood River, OR | Registered: 08 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"I don't believe I would care to belong to any organization that would have me."

either Mark Twain, or W.C. Fields

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I think that was Groucho Marks.

Bakes

Posts: 8053 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The variation I heard is

Don't join any club that will include you at free of charge.

Posts: 638 | Location: O Canada! | Registered: 21 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And you have to learn the secret hand shake and all thet stuff. [Big Grin]

Posts: 200 | Location: Tin Top .Texas | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Much better to be one of us, then one of them [Wink]

Ok, where are they boys, lets get em!

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To the 10 gentlemen and scholars who replied to my query about becoming "One of Us:" Thank You for your responses. I enjoy this form of communication. It is a beautiful thing to be able to ask a question about firearms and gunsmithing and then have virtually the entire world step up and answer it-- save for you poor sods in the UK. Pity you have had your heat taken from you by a cowardly government. But that is neither here nor there...
Now I see there is a new level to which to aspire: Forum Leader! What does he do??

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe it means you have too much time on your hands, and post an outrageous amount.

If I remember correctly this is one of the requirements for becoming a Forum Leader. [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe I do post too much, but this is a hell of a lot of fun. I'm a trucker working for a small company that never seems to run out of freight for me to haul, so downtime is at a premium for me. I do not have too much time on my hands. People who do spend it pushing for laws to take our guns away and make it illegal for us to talk on our cellphones while driving. You know the type: the kind who know what's best for you because they think they do.