THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Source for high-quality Model 70 allen-head guards screws??

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source for high-quality Model 70 allen-head guards screws??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
All,

I would like to obtain a set of nice allen-head trigger guard/action screws for a Winchester Model 70. I actually bought a set from B-Square, but I am not overly pleased with these. I seem to recall that there were one or two small shops out there making these, but couldn't dig up any info.

As always, any help appreciated!!

Thanks,

Bob

one of us
Picture of CK
posted Hide Post
I ended up calling HS Percision in AZ. for both of my Model 70 SS Classic's. They have them in SS, but with a black matte finish. Good Luck!

Posts: 653 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
<HBH>
posted
I ones that I have heard the most praise for came from Half Moon ( Jim Biar- spelling likly not correct) I struckout last year trying to obtain those, and ended up with B Square, but I'm still hopefull the Half Moon shops version come available again.

HBH

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brett, it is Baiar. He does NOT need to buy any vowels. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Would any of you happen to have any contact info for Jim Baiar and his operation. I could not dig any up after countless google searches.

Thanks!!

<HBH>
posted
Chic,
Thanks for the correction, I was closer than normal for me, there was a time I watched Wheel of Fortune, and had my spellin teacher looked more like Vanna I would have better communication skills.

BBart,
There was a new phone number posted here or somewhere for Jim Baiar, I think Mr. Burgess may be of help.

Many Thanks

HBH

one of us
posted Hide Post
Would Mr. Baiar be the proprietor of the "Half Moon Rifle Shop" in Columbia Falls, MT? If so, his number MAY be 406-892-4409.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

Thanks for the contact info!

I spoke with Mr. Jim Baiar last week, very, very nice fellow!! He said that he does have over 1,000 screws "in the works" but is too tied up to finish them right now. He thought maybe in the 2-3 month time frame. By the way, they will be $5.00 each, and will be blued. He said to check back in a while.

Bob

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob -

Like CK I ordered screws from H-S Precision. They worked well with my blued Model 70's. I put Gun Kote on they so they matched my bottom metal.

Rudy

Posts: 262 | Location: PA & VA, USA | Registered: 26 June 2003Reply With Quote