Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

50 BMG by Montana Rifleman
 Login/Join

posted
I get a real kick out of seeing some of the projects coming through the barrel shop. Here's a bolt action rifle that weights about 40 pounds. Look at that scope base. Varmints at X000 yards? (insert any number larger than 1.)

Sorry, Saeed. I'm afraid this one-ups the .577 T-rex.

-

-

Posts: 24 | Location: Star Meadow, Montana | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rod,

It is indeed a monster but I am afraid that it cannot be matched by the 577 T-Rex. It is not so much about the actual size of the rifle, it is the size of the caliber that counts. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mingo, 50 BMG? Your kidding right? The 577 TR is a badass, but really, that's like comparing a 45/70 to a 416Wby isn't it?

Rod, what action and stock?

[ 01-05-2003, 04:12: Message edited by: Brent Moffitt ]

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
<t_bob38>
posted
Very nice!

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
EDM action,Mcmillan Tac stock, Montanna barrel and brake. Am I right?-Rob

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Spot on.

Posts: 24 | Location: Star Meadow, Montana | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
Rod- you might remember me. I bought a barrel and brake from you for a Maddi Griffen. I built the action myself out of 4130 and had a ball doing it. matching your threads was a challenge, but I made it just fine.! The thing works great and shoots 1 Moa out to 500 yrds. I shoot FCSA at Reno and use Mcmillan/K&P gear-Rob

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Safari-Pete>
posted
I like that 50 BMG I order mine from mcMillan bros and it will be here in late june or early july can't wait till i get

posted Hide Post
I do remember that one. 50BMG has been quite a draw at MRN. Maadi's have been very popular. Didn't have the digital camera back then. Here's a British Boyes.

-

[ 01-07-2003, 08:29: Message edited by: Rod@Mountain_of_Dreams ]