Find
Notify
Tools

Whitworth Mauser Action
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
All,
I have seen a Whitworth, Mauser action going for $200. Is that a deal? Are they any good? Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers,
Jason

Posts: 98 | Location: Plano, TX | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
<G.Malmborg>
posted
Jason,

I have 4 sitting on my shelf waiting for me to do something with, which I plan on doing in the not to distant future. Every rifle I've ever built using this action has been nothing short of excellent. But like everything else, they have their share of detractors, which should be posting anytime now...
[Smile]

Malm

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not one of the detractors. I have a couple of rifles built on Whitworth actions, and they are a good action. Most Mauser accessories fit, as well as stocks with little or no modifying. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
<Aaron Rust>
posted
For you whitworth fans... I ordered an awesome whitworth stock from Sarco Inc. It used my standard FN mauser stuff but the inside box dimentions are a bit larger. The floor plate fit the hole wonderfully. It has the black tip, shadowline cheek piece, red recoil but pad - english style, acceptable checkering (machine cut not stamped ~ I think) recoil cross bolt... all for $99.00 The only draw back is that it took Sarco about 3 weeks to process my order. The one I ordered was also highly figured. Great value.
Aaron

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip, aaron. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote