New
Find
Notify
Tools

1917 scope mount, 2 questions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The rear bridge is ground to the same dimensions as the front ring and the holes are .500 apart. What mount was this drilled for? Anyone know of a weaver chart showing dimensions instead of just model numbers?
-Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
what you're descibing sounds like the 1 i have.... its drilled to remington model 30...i could not find steel bases in weavers' 2 piece model... only aluminum....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds just like my win 1917. I used 2 weaver #55's.

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buy yourself two sets of two-piece bases from any maker and use the front ring mount on both the ring and the bridge. Bases aren't all that expensive. At most you may have to re-drill the screw holes in the one that you use on the bridge.

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Markey:
The rear bridge is ground to the same dimensions as the front ring and the holes are .500 apart. What mount was this drilled for?
-Don

A do it yourself gunsmith mount from brownells.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Weaver mount bases #11 are correct for equal height Enfield receivers alto others will work if you need a little extra height. Just be sure to put a straight edge on top and the sides to make sure they are straight. Bill

Posts: 111 | Location: Downs, Kansas | Registered: 16 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I'll pic up some #11's. Enfields cut like a model 30 is on the list. I just wanted something fast and cheap to test a rifle to see how it shoots before I put any time or money into it.
-Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote